Publication Date: 2011-12-19
Larry Hunt has joined ACET's Medical IT Division as Deputy Director focusing on the Department of Veterans' Affairs Transformation Twenty-One Total Technology (T4) prime contract.
Larry was a Vice President with a large Healthcare Services company which handled business development, all contracts negotiations, proposal management, contracts management, technical staff, and secure production scanning center management. Advised senior management on all aspects of commercial, federal, state and local government contracting, regulations, and risk. Sixteen years with Microsoft as a partner and registered engineer. Responsibilities include hands-on business development, contracts negotiations (GSA, CTA, NDA, Subcontracts, Vendor Contracts,) capture management, proposal management (Bid-No Bid assessments for company (RFQ,RFI, RFP, and RFO) , Pink, Red, and Gold Team lead), proposal writing, FISMA Compliance Reviews, FAR/DFAR, GARP, HIPAA Compliance and Corporate Management duties. Larry has an extensive background in document imaging, electronic content management, historical preservation and IT management. Larry is also an Active Reserve Lieutenant with the SOVAICAC Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce and Sworn Law Enforcement Officer.
Awards and Honors include:
- Four years Distinguished Service as a Reserve Prince William County Deputy Sheriff
- First and Founding President, Maryland EDP Auditors Association
- Recipient of Republican U.S. Senate “ Medal of Freedom”
- Member of the Association of the Institute for Certification of Computer Professionals
- Institute of Internal Auditors (Va. Chapter) Board Member
- Professional Member of AIIM
- Professional Member ARMA
- Professional Member IEEE
- IIA Task Force Chairman for IS Study
- Institute of Internal Auditors Distinguished Faculty Member
- Part-time Faculty at Anne Arundel Community College
- Part-time Faculty at University of Maryland University College – Fort Meade Campus
- IIA NOVA “ Person of the Year
- Chairman of “Operation Something from Home” - received national recognition
- Recipient of “Certificate of Appreciation in Support of Gulf War” from President Bush and Dick Cheney Secretary of Defense.
- Member of Board of Trustees and Vice President ,PWC Court Appointed Child Advocates (CASA)
- 1999 “ Deputy of the Year”
- Deputy of the Month BCSO – September 2009
- Received Prince William County Public School Board “Certificate of Appreciation” for work with Middle Schools in Nov. 1999
- Member of the American Entrepreneurs for Economic Growth.
- Author of “Document Imaging and Management Parts I, II, III for local college.
- Citation of Meritorious Service from the American Legion 2000
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Meritorious and Distinguished Service Award 2000
- Member of North American Search & Rescue
- Certificate of Appreciation Safe Surfin’ Foundation
- Certified VDEM Search and Rescue Field Team Member
- Vietnam Era Veteran – U.S. Air Force Honorable Discharge - 1970
- Founder Prince William SAR Team
- Recipient of 9/11 Ribbon of Service
- Member Virginia Sheriff’s Association
- Member of Fraternal Order of Police
- Member of the D-Day Memorial 9 -11 Service Committee.
- State Co-Chair Va. State Law Enforcement for Bush
- 2004 Meritorious Service Award – Bedford County Sheriff’s Office.