Publication Date: 2012-02-06
12/22/2011 - The Contracting Office released the Solicitation on December 22, 2011. Proposals are due on Monday, February 6, 2012 by 5:00 PM. Awards are anticipated during 3QFY12. Heather Weaver is a POC for this effort.
SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS ENGINEERING SERVICES NEXT GENERATION (SSES NexGen) $7 Billion IDIQ Contract
The Army Material Command (AMC), Communications Electronics Command (CECOM), Software Engineering Center (SEC), has a requirement for next generation Systems and Software Engineering Support (SSES NexGen).
The Communications Electronics Command (CECOM) Software Engineering Center (SEC) provides systems and software engineering support for many customers including, most prominently, Army Program Executive Officers (PEOs) and their Project Managers (PMs), the Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) and its components and other Department of Defense (DoD) elements.
The current contract provides support services to various divisions. This support includes automated battlefield systems support for the Communications Software Engineering Support Division, generic software process technologies, such as metrics, reuse, reengineering, software support tools and practices for the Engineering Support Division. This contract also supports the Command and Control Software Engineering Support Division's Army Tactical Command and Control System (ATCCS) nodal systems and ATCCS Common Hardware Software Components programs. The requirements of the Army Interoperability Network (AIN) Division are for systems and interface specifications, materials development plans and simulation modeling programs.
- System and Software Acquisition Support
- Software Sustainment and Enhancement
- Support to SEC Software Support Environments and Facilities and PPSS/PDSS
- Field Support
- Replication, Distribution, Installation, and Training (RDIT) Support
- Rapid Reprogramming Support
- System Integration and Exercise Support
- Software Architecture and Technology (A&T) Support
- Software Technology Demonstration and Transition
- Army Interoperability Standards, Process, Testing and Engineering Support
- Cyber Security, Information Assurance and Software Assurance Support
- Information Technology Infrastructure Support
- Information and Business Application Services Support
- Executive Agent for Theater Joint Tactical Networks (EA-TJTN) Action Office
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Support
- Strategic Initiatives Support, including program planning, opportunity identification, and business development support
- Logistics Modernization Program (LMP) Support
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Analysis Support
- Virtualization Support
- Software Configuration Control
- Engineering Change Proposal (ECP)
- Value Engineering Change Proposal (VECP)
- Software Problem Reporting (SPR)/Incident Reporting (IR)
- Contract Program Management
- Contractor Quality Evaluation Program
- Contract Cost Containment